Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TAHOE 2010 ( A Post of Epic Proportions)!!

Get Ready! This one's a Doozy!!!

We had such a fun trip to Lake Tahoe this year! I think one of the best!!! We have a family reunion for my Mom's side almost every year. This was a trip my Mom used to do with her family when she was growing up in Sacramento. It's so much fun that we continue to go almost every year. I even have an Aunt that lives in Maryland that comes out every summer. We spent 10 days there (camping) and even though that seems long it always flies by and we never get everything in. The trip has definitely changed for me now that I'm a Mom. It's a lot more work but still totally worth it!! It's so fun to see my boys enjoy something I enjoyed since I was a little girl.

Family Picture Day
It's been years since we had a picture taken of the entire Larson side of the family. A photographer took that pic and I don't have it to share yet but here are some we snapped while at the shoot.

Jesse and "Aunt Grandma" (Karen)





Da Boys


These are all the Grandmas and Aunts that spoil my boys rotten.

Our model shot. You buying it? Ya me neither!

Look at all of those boys!!

Pope Beach






HOLY MOUTH!!!


Jesse and Micah were pretty much inseparable throughout the whole trip. They played and played and played! It was actually awesome!!!


Bence and poor Uncle Chad who couldn't get wet due to a broken, cast-covered leg.


Jesse, Micah and Zoe. I think most of those chips went to feeding the geese.

Georgetown Falls
This is actually a couple hours drive, a 3 mile hike and the water however is FREEEEEZING cold!!!!!!
WORTH IT!!!!!
This is one of the funnest places I've ever been. Dave unfortunately got a pretty bad cut on his leg going down the first fall which cut his fun short (no pun intended), but at least we had someone willing to take pictures and video.
I big thank you to my Mom and Aunts for watching our boys so Dave and I could go do this. It was definitely a highlight of our trip.... probably even our year. :)









The whole group about to go down the 3rd fall together

Trying to stay warm

View from the Bottom



Dave was really proud of this shot. Catching me with my face halfway in the water.


View from the top

Camping

Benson didn't get to do much crawling while we were at Tahoe, much to his dismay. You know.... the whole crawling in the dirt and/or trying to eat it wasn't something I really wanted to deal with. The one place he could crawl was in the tent. He would play this game where he would crawl from the back of the tent to the front, stick his head out, then turn and around and crawl to the back in. He just kept repeating this over and over.

We wanted to show off how dirty Jesse was but this picture looks him look a lot cleaner than he actually was. This is what Jesse pretty much looked like all day long, every day. Thank goodness he also spent some time in the water to every day or he would have been black by the end of the week.

Bug-eyed Bence in the tent.

The boys watching a DVD in the tent. Thank heaven for portable DVD players!!!!



Other fun things we did while camping that I don't have pitures of:

1. Bear Hunt: Aunt Grandma Karen took all the littles on a bear hunt. They did actually find some bears in the forrest. Beanie Bay bears that is. It was super cute.

2. Maffia: At night around the campfire we would play some pretty heated games of Maffia. I still can't believe how some of those games panned out. Hillarious!!!

3. Cards: If we were in camp there was always one group or another that was playing some sort of card game.

Sugar Pine Point Beach

I'd never been to this beach before with all the years I've been going to Tahoe. It was very pretty! The water was so blue! There were also fun things to do there like swim out to and lounge on the rocks and jump off the pier.




Grandma with Bence

Tanner's Back flip off the pier! This kid's got the best tricks and no fear!

Some of the crew that were jumping off the pier.
Chels and Brandon bustin a move


The Tahoe Mermaids

So you see we had lots of fun and we're already excited for next year!!!

2 comments:

Grossarths said...

That looks like so much fun! My family went to Lake Powell last weekend and it always makes me think of you! Fun times.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. I am loving the pics from that water fall. i have never seen anything like that before. Now that is what I call a family reunion!